Hello Film Doctor friends.
Things have been a bit quiet at our HQ, huh? That’s because the Film Doctor team have been wrapping up all those “Summer Lovin” script and film marketing reports we’ve been lucky to work on – we still have 3 days of the offer left so jump in fast and email us for 10% off our services!!
Aaaaand fear not, our regular blog posts are back – starting with this Fun Friday.
As he rolls out his newest project, “Chef”, the multi-talented (equally successful Actor, Producer, Director, Writer!) Jon Favreau becomes the subject of this week’s “Director’s Favourite Films” selection.
Take a look:
- “Eat Drink Man Woman” (1994, dir. Ang Lee) – Favreau’s favourite “food movie”.
- “Red River” (1948, dir. Howard Hawks, Arthur Rosson) – “Red River was great because it showed how they were able to play against people’s expectations of John Wayne. The thing with John Wayne’s character was he made it hard for you to root for him, and yet you were always rooting for him to come around.” (J. Favreau for Oliver Franklin, 2011, GQ Magazine UK).
- The “Star Wars” franchise – and, apparently, Favreau has been very complimenting on JJ Abrams’ take as the Director of the latest installment.
- “Seven Samurai” (1954, dir. Akira Kurosawa) – “[…] like a 3 hour film school” (J. Favreau for Reddit’s “Ask Me Anything” session, May 2014)
- “The Godfather” (1972, dir. Francis Ford Coppola) – “You can never go wrong with the Godfather” (J. Favreau for Reddit’s “Ask Me Anything” session, May 2014)
- “Visions of Light” (1992, dir. Arnold Glassman, Todd McCarthy, Stuart Samuels) – “[…] a really good doc that I check out from time to time, as it offers insight into cinematography.” (J. Favreau for Reddit’s “Ask Me Anything” session, May 2014)
Join us on FACEBOOK or TWITTER and sign up to our emails on the right hand side for articles straight to your inbox.
Any questions/thoughts/experiences of your own??? Leave a comment below!
Have a great weekend!
The Film Doctor Team
Check out our other FUN FRIDAYS.
Check out our SERVICES.