Hello Film Doctor friends.
This Fun Friday connects with 3 theatrical openings – one is the release of Jose Padilha‘s remake of “Robocop” (2014). Paying dues to the original “Robocop” (1987), let’s revisit Paul Verhoeven‘s Favourite Films .
- Andrei Rublev (1966, dir. Andrei Tarkovsky)
- 8½ (1963, dir. Federico Fellini)
- High Noon (1952, dir. Fred Zinnemann)
- Tokyo Story (1953, dir. Yasujiro Ozu)
- Colonel Redl (1985, dir. Istvan Szabo)
- Mephisto (1981, dir. Istvan Szabo)
- Vertigo (1958, dir. Alfred Hitchcock) – quoted as Fiennes’ favourite Alfred Hitchcock movie.
- Don’t Look Now (1973, dir. Nicolas Roeg) – quoted as Fiennes’ favourite horror.
- Lost in Translation (2003, dir. Sofia Coppola)
- The Thin Red Line (1998, dir. Terence Malick)
- The Blair Witch Project (1999, dir. Daniel Myrick, Eduardo Sanchez)
And “Dallas Buyers Club” gets a ‘Special Mention’ – the Golden Globe-winner (Matthew McConaughey for lead and Jared Leto for supporting actor)/ Oscar-nominee (6 in total) has finally arrived at the UK cinemas as well.