Hello Film Doctor friends.
So the time has come for the first, fresh, Fun Friday post of 2014.
For those of you unfamiliar with Fun Fridays, it’s simple. We share the favourite films and film influences of top directors (living and otherwise) so that you can expand your filmic knowledge, palette and see where they shaped their film style. Buy/watch/rent these films!
Here they are (first listed in the Sight & Sound magazine):
- The Battle of Algiers (1966, dir. Gillo Pontecorvo)
- Zero for Conduct (1933, dir. Jean Vigo)
- The Rules of the Game (1939, dir. Jean Renoir)
- Tokyo Story (1953, dir. Yasujiro Ozu)
- Couch (1964, dir. Andy Warhol)
- Contempt (1963, dir. Jean-Luc Godard)
- Beau Travail (1999, dir. Clare Denis)
- Once Upon a Time in America (1984, dir. Sergio Leone)
- The Wages of Fear (1953, dir. Henri-Georges Clouzot)
- Do the Right Thing (1989, dir. Spike Lee)