Hi Film Folk!
Tim, an Academy Award-winning actor, has brought to life an array of impressive characters, from Norville Barnes in “Hudsucker Proxy” to “Shawshank Redemption”‘s Andy Dufresne and “Mystic River“‘s Dave. However, he is also an equally talented director. “Dead Man Walking” (1995) and “Cradle Will Rock” (1999) both garnered critical acclaim and award nominations.
Here is a, rather sophisticated, list of some of the films that – might or might not – have set him off onto the film path.
- The Battle of Algiers (Pontecorvo, 1966)
- The Clowns (Fellini, 1970)
- Don’t Look Back (Pennebaker, 1967)
- The Lower Depths (Kurosawa, 1957)
- McCabe & Mrs Miller (Altman, 1971)
- My Man Godfrey (La Cava, 1936)
- Nashville (Altman, 1975)
- Network (Lumet, 1976)
- Underground (Kusturica, 1995)
- Waiting for Guffman (Guest, 1996)
Join us on FACEBOOK or TWITTER and sign up to our emails on the right hand side for articles straight to your inbox.
Any questions/thoughts/experiences of your own??? Leave a comment below!
Have a great week!
The Film Doctor Team
Check out our other FUN FRIDAYS.
Check out our SERVICES.