Hi Film Folk!
The Film Doctor Team decided to stray from the studio this week and came to the conclusion that for this week’s Fun Fridays we would look at the favourite films of independent cinema legend Jim Jarmusch.
Fun Fridays is all about broadening your filmic landscape, introducing you to director’s you do or don’t know and studying what films influenced them. Rent or buy these movies and understand the medium in depth!
Here is Jim’s list:
1. L’Atalante (Vigo, 1934)
2. Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953)
3. They Live by Night (N Ray, 1949)
4. Bob le flambeur (Melville, 1955)
5. Sunrise (Murnau, 1927)
6. The Cameraman (Sedgwick, 1928)
7. Mouchette (Bresson, 1967)
8. Seven Samurai (Kurosawa, 1954)
9. Broken Blossoms (Griffith, 1919)
10. Rome, Open City (Rossellini, 1945)