Hello Film Doctor friends.
Yet another week has whooshed by. What have you been up to?
This Fun Friday we turn to Director (and Producer – “Lost”, “Cloverfield” and “Alias” to name a few) J.J. Abrams (“Star Trek Into Darkness”, “Super 8”), for his selection of favourite films.
And they come with little personal notes from Abrams (originally published by Rotten Tomatoes):
- “Jaws” (1975, dir. Steven Spielberg) – “Jaws is an undeniably great movie. Jaws is just one of the greatest movies ever. It’s on TV all the time. It is never not on television. They should just have a Jaws Network where they just show Jaws all the time because I would subscribe like crazy. The movie is just wonderful and the characters are so great. I am just in awe of that movie. I think that movie is spectacular.”
- “Philadelphia Story” (1940, dir. George Cukor) – “Brilliant dialogue and even better chemistry.”
- “Star Wars” (1977, dir. George Lucas) – “I can’t understand why that would not be on the list…”
- “Tootsie” (1982, dir. Sydney Pollack) – “It is as preposterous premise as they come and yet you completely believe it is real and happening.”
- “Rear Window” (1954, dir. Alfred Hitchcock) – “And maybe that is just because when Grace Kelly goes to kiss Jimmy Stewart that first time it was just one of those things where it is the best special effect in the history of time”
Watch these films and what influenced J.J.!Join us on FACEBOOK or TWITTER and sign up to our emails on the right hand side for articles straight to your inbox. Any questions/thoughts/experiences of your own??? Leave a comment below! Have a great weekend! The Film Doctor Team Check out our other FUN FRIDAYS. Check out our SERVICES.