Hello Film Doctor friends.
Our new Fun Friday post is all about contrasts: on one hand, we’ve got a spy blockbuster helmed by a rather classically trained actor & director, and on the other hand, a war drama from a US prime-time TV ‘darling’. What directorial film picks might this duo bring?
Here are a couple of his top influences:
- “Dog Day Afternoon” (1975, dir. Sidney Lumet)
- “Rebecca” (1940, dir. Alfred Hitchcock)
- “Richard III” (1955, dir. Laurence Olivier)
- “The Entertainer” (1960, dir. Tony Richardson)
- “Marathon Man” (1976, dir. John Schlesinger)