Hi Film Folk!
Tim, an Academy Award-winning actor, has brought to life an array of impressive characters, from Norville Barnes in “Hudsucker Proxy” to “Shawshank Redemption”‘s Andy Dufresne and “Mystic River“‘s Dave. However, he is also an equally talented director. “Dead Man Walking” (1995) and “Cradle Will Rock” (1999) both garnered critical acclaim and award nominations.
Here is a, rather sophisticated, list of some of the films that – might or might not – have set him off onto the film path.
- The Battle of Algiers (Pontecorvo, 1966)
- The Clowns (Fellini, 1970)
- Don’t Look Back (Pennebaker, 1967)
- The Lower Depths (Kurosawa, 1957)
- McCabe & Mrs Miller (Altman, 1971)
- My Man Godfrey (La Cava, 1936)
- Nashville (Altman, 1975)
- Network (Lumet, 1976)
- Underground (Kusturica, 1995)
- Waiting for Guffman (Guest, 1996)